December 19, 2009

A Snowy Day and a Summery Bag...



It snowed last night!  This is the view of our neighbor's house across the street.  Oh it was so beautiful this morning to look outside and see the blue grey morning light reflecting off the snow.  We only got about an inch but that is plenty for some winter fun.



My four-year-old wanted to go out immediately... at 6am!  We eventually got her out the door and she was in heaven.  Watching her foot tracks in the snow, making snow balls, eating the snow... oh to be a kid again.



My eleven-month-old anxiously watched her play from the front door.  She wanted to be out with her soooooo bad.  But me trying to be the good mommy kept her inside to help keep her from getting sicker.  (She's had a cold and a cough for about a month now.)

It officially feels like Christmas now since it has snowed.  Speaking of Christmas, we were supposed to have our Christmas with my side of the family today before they went down to Arkansas, but my brother-in-law fell ill with the stomach flu and we are not feeling too well ourselves so we postponed it for two weeks from now.  Bummer.  Oh well, I guess I can look forward to a little Christmas after the new year then!



I made this bag last night for my Etsy shop.  I love the summery feel of it.  I think I am going to make one for myself after Christmas when I am wishing it was warm outside.  :)

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment