December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009...



It's Christmas time and I can't think of anything to say.  Shocking.  I had such a wonderful holiday with my family, but I can't think of anything that really stands out to me.  The best part, for me, was just the time away from the everyday everydayness and having some special events planned, and family to visit, and children to spoil, and we are not done yet!  We still have Christmas to celebrate with my side of the family.  We celebrated my second daughter's first Christmas!  And that was very special to me.  It is one of the best things in the world to watch a baby discover new and exciting things every other second.  The look on her face was priceless as she watched everyone sitting around, laughing, opening presents, hugs, kisses, wrapping paper everywhere, etc.  I think she even said "wow" a couple times!  She only knows a handful of words, "wow" being one of them. 



My oldest daughter is four and this is the first year she really knew what was going on.  This was the first year I was able to experience her excitement BEFORE Christmas was actually here.  To see her giddiness  every time a new present appeared under the tree was so much fun!  I was so proud of her when she memorized her first Bible verse ever.  "You will find the baby wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger." Luke 2:12.  And to actually HEAR her say it in her cute little girl voice just melts my heart every time.  As we drive through the neighborhood she recites this verse whenever she shes a nativity scene in someone's yard.  Warms my heart!  Watching my children discover and enjoy Christmas was such a joy and a blessing and will probably stand out in my mind as my favorite memory of Christmas 2009.  I guess I did have something to say!  :)

Hope your Christmas was as merry as mine was!  What was your favorite memory of Christmas 2009?  I would love to hear your Christmas stories!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment