April 19, 2008

As life goes on...

Well, I haven't posted anything in a long time! Time flies. I have some exciting things going on in my little corner of the world. We are moving! Back home. Ahhhhhh..... It's such a nice breath of fresh air. I really miss our home, back in Dayton, Ohio, and our family and friends. It's been really hard living in a completely different area of the country and having to start from scratch, making new friends, finding fun things to do, and just plain living on our own with no one to run to when we are having a rough time. We've grown a lot. A LOT. And now we are ready to take our grown up selves back home and see it in a whole new light. Absence truly makes the heart grow fonder. I will miss it here though. This is our first house ever. That's definitely a milestone. I have decided to make an embroidery/applique picture of my favorite spot in the house: my kitchen window. I love looking out and seeing the sparkling leaves of my beautiful oak trees quivering in the wind (it's always windy here), and watching all our neighbors driving off to their jobs in the morning and then back home again in the evening. It really makes life feel really methodical. I think that is why I like it so much. It kind of makes me feel secure knowing that every day everyone is going to go work and come back in the evening. So that is what I'll think of when I see the picture I am stitching up. I am going to hang it (where else?) in the kitchen of our new house.


This is a picture of our kitchen when we moved in. Love at first sight...

Here are a couple pictures of my daughter having fun with a pot of water! Who knew that all you'd need to keep a toddler happy for 2 hours would be to let them loose outside with a pot full of water? Seriously. Anyway, she had a blast!




I was featured on a blog this week! Here is the link to Mama's Magic blog. She also has an Etsy shop called Baby Friendly Beads where she sells necklaces made to keep your baby's hands and feet busy when your holding him or breastfeeding him. They're ingenious really. Have a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment