May 6, 2011

Back again... (the second time)...

So I haven't written any blog posts in forever because we are expecting baby number three!  I've been so tired and finally got through three months of morning sickness I just haven't had the time or energy to keep up with it.  Anyway, I'm back and hopefully I can keep this up to date!  :)



So yesterday, we decided to get the girls guinea pigs!  We've actually been thinking about it for several months now, but just decided to go with it.  We found these two brothers on Craigslist from a family who's pigs had babies back in December.  They are so sweet and tolerate the girls' rough handling of them very well.  I think Ava thinks that she just has to squeeze harder to keep the guinea pig where she wants it!  This is gonna take some training.





We haven't named them yet.  We are trying to get the girls to come up with the names, but I really don't think they care.  We thought that guinea pigs would be the best animal because of our small house and the fact that I am allergic to cats, but it turns out that I am allergic to guinea pigs too.  I was so disappointed.  It's not so bad that we have to get rid of them, but I can't really handle them much without getting a scratchy throat and hives.  Ughhh.  Oh well.  I am going to give it my best and hopefully it will be fine long enough for me to start allergy shots in the fall after the baby is born.



Here is Katie with her rock garden!  She made it all by herself and cut various flowering weeds to "plant" in it.  It is so cute!  She was so proud of it!  She even watered it with her new watering can she got for Easter.  :)

1 comment:

  1. my sister was allergic to our guinea pigs growing up too! they sure are cute though! growing up, ours were named ooyum and brownie, and then tom and i had one when we were dating named eugene :)

    ReplyDelete