December 9, 2010

A Little Happiness in the Day Goes a Long Way...

Today has been a little bit of a rough day.  My oldest daughter busted her mouth and nose, chipped her front tooth, and knocked her two front teeth loose.  I won't tell you how she did it, because you won't believe me.  My youngest shattered a glass snowglobe which strewed very tiny pieces of glass shards all over the living room carpet, all wet and glittery and SHARP!  In the middle of all this the HVAC guy comes to give us a quote for a new heat pump system for our house.  Ugghhh!  (Oh yeah, did I tell you that our heat pump went out?  Don't worry, it's working, but it's hanging by a thread.)  Soooooo, in the middle of this very crazy day (during nap time), what do I do de-stress?  I make an owl ornament and read my new most favorite magazine in the whole wide world: Country Living British Edition!  I found this lovely and perfect magazine at our local grocery store, of all places!  I was elated when I saw it!  I've posted a few pictures of it so you can start drooling and go buy yourself one too.  No, I don't work for the sales department of Country Living Magazine, I just love it that much.  So much inspiration!  I could die!


Here's my owlie.  I think I've decided to name him Oliver.  I saw so many cute felt owls and mushrooms that other people have made on Flickr.  I got inspired to come up with one of my own.  :)


Just look at these pictures and try not to drool...  


I LOVE the heart appliqué pillow on the bench below...


 ...drooling...




Our day did not start out so bad.  I made my first gluten-free blueberry muffins this morning and they were delish!  In case I haven't said before, I have a gluten sensitivity.  Even my husband (who is completely against "weird food") liked them!  My girls gobbled them up and I was relieved to have something other than yogurt and corn chex for breakfast.  YUM!


Yes, it's as good as it looks!


Hope you are having a joyful Christmas season...  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment