November 23, 2010

My New Toys...

I know it's not Christmas yet, but I already bought myself some early Christmas presents!  Introducing my three new babies:  Yashica-635, Duaflex III, and LifeTime 120.  Aren't they adorable?!  I have been interested in vintage cameras for a while now and I've finally starting collecting some of them!  I am so excited!


I got this lovely Duaflex set on Ebay for $12!  It was a bargain.  I'll admit that the only reason I got a bargain on it was because the person who listed it misspelled the name of the camera and I don't think very many people even knew that it was there.  The only reason I found this misspelled listing is because I misspelled it in the search bar.  Ha!  I don't plan on actually running film through it, but I do plan on practicing TTV or "through the viewfinder" photography with it.  Google it sometime.  It's amazing!   



Here's my first TTV!  It's a very bad one because I haven't built the holder for it to block out the light that puts the glare on the glass.  But it's still pretty cool!  In case you didn't know, it's supposed to have all those flecks and spots.  That it what makes TTV photography so cool!  



Here is my prized Yashica-365!  I LOVE it!  It was made sometime around 1958.  I got it from a guy off of Craigslist for $39!  Score!  I haven't taken any pictures with it yet, but I will very, very soon.  It takes 120, or wide format, film that is about four times the size of 35mm.  You can make HUGE prints of these pictures.  But aside from that, this camera is supposed to take very crisp and clear photos.  I can't wait to see what it can do!  There is also a way to run 35mm through this, but you have to have the adapter.  I'll probably try to find one sometime to cut the cost.  120 film is expensive to buy and develop.  It is built like a tank and weighs a ton!  No wonder they still work over 50 years later!


Here's what it looks like when you look into the viewfinder. 


This little cutie is just a box camera from the 40s, I think.  I won't be running film through it.  She's just a collectible.  It's not in too great of shape and everything seems a little wobbly, but I got her for free!


Can't wait to show you the pictures they take!  

No comments:

Post a Comment