March 9, 2010

Spring is on its way!

This past week was a whirlwind of excitement with family here from out of town.  We packed as much as we possibly could in the five days they were here.  There was shopping, eating out, playing games until midnight, making a gormet cake by Julia Child, exchanging seeds, sewing, antique shopping, bowling, video games (amongst the guys), watching "Alice in Wonderland" in 3D (my first!), and LOTS of cooking!  We had such a great time even though by the time they left we were exhausted.  I think I have finally caught up on my sleep and I'm ready to blog again!

Spring is finally starting to show!  I am so excited!  The past couple days have been sunny and temps in the 50s.  I am in heaven!  Yesterday, we went to Cox Arboretum and walked around with the girls.


We watched the ducks swim around...


The girls loved watching the little stream flow under the bridge...


I just love this picture of Ava...


And I found the first little flower of the year!


Also, I started the first of my seeds for the garden!  I'll post pics as soon as they sprout!  I am so thankful for the warmth, the sunshine, the hope of spring, and no more cabin fever!  :) 

Rachel xo

1 comment:

  1. i want to go there now!
    how did the luia childs cake turn out?
    can't wait to see you friday!!

    ReplyDelete