March 20, 2010

A Morning Adventure...

This is what I woke up to this morning.  A romantic little note from my wonderful hubby!  On his way out to work this morning at 5:30 he noticed that our new mousetrap actually had a mouse in it.  Being that he is so very thoughtful and all, he decided to leave it on the kitchen counter and have me let it go so our four-year-old could watch.


So 6 hours later (poor mouse), after showers, and dressing, and a movie, and breakfast, and cleaning, and coffee, and a thorough disinfecting of the counter tops we left the house to set the mouse free in the field across the street.  My four-year-old was thrilled to say the least.


As soon as I opened the top of the trap the mouse jumped right out and ran behind me.  I turned around and it took me few seconds to locate him and when I did I shouted to Katie "Look!  There he is!".  And with a delighted squeal she took off in a sprint toward that poor little mouse and chased him all over the field, through a pavilion (where he ran into the legs of the picnic tables a couple times) and finally into the woods.  He's gonna need therapy I'm afraid.


Now I am sitting here enjoying a cup of tea from some gourmet tea bags my mother-in-law bought for me from a farmer's market in San Diego this week.  It's called Tea Forte and it's divine!  Love, LOVE it!  Last night I tried the African red tea and right now I am enjoying "Green Tango" which is a green tea with mango.


Don't you just love the little curly leaf?!  So cute!  I really think it makes it taste better!  :)


Rachel ox

1 comment: