December 11, 2009

Ready To Go Again...



I finally got my sewing area set up here at home! Yay! I can't wait to get started on some projects that have been rolling around in my head. Some to go to my Etsy shop and some for me and my family. I am in desperate need of some organization though. All I have right now is the space under my bed. I really want some shelves from Ikea but I don't know if we want to spend the money just yet. Aside from the organization, I feel so complete having my sewing area nearby. *sigh* Do any of you have some great small-space-sewing-area-organization tips for me? I am open to any ideas. For instance, where to store my fabric stash so that it's visible yet out of the way (and out of little kiddos hands). I don't know if that one is even possible. :)


The first project to be completed is my red wool felt teapot cozy. I started this originally to submit it to a book that was being published, but I never got around to it. My main excuse being that I was pregnant at the time. Bummer. I wish I had followed through with it. Anyway, this sweet little number is available for sale in my Etsy shop. My first item to list in a year and a half! I feel so proud. It looks so lonely there in the shop all its itself.

The embroidery pattern is free for download in my previous post!

No comments:

Post a Comment